Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Past Events

I'm super sorry I haven't posted in a while (a long while, at that) but I kept telling myself to post and I kept forgetting. So, what happened while I was negligent and didn't post: Mom and I went to Edinburgh (Scotland) and London (England). In Scotland, they have the nicest people ever! While we were at the airport, the passport lady struck up a conversation with us and it was cool, especially with her accent! Oh, I love British accents. Though you can hardly ever understand what the Scottish are saying. But, while we were in Scotland, on our first day, we met up with one of Mom's Scottish friends and we went out to lunch! I got introduced to Iron Bru, which is a Scottish or British drink kind of... vanilla-y, or orange-y. Both! And then I was brave enough to try haggis! Haggis, according to the dictionary, is a Scottish dish containing sheep and lamb intestines. It was actually good, though... So, Scotland was fun! And then... London. I didn't really like London. It was too busy for me, what with the hustle and bustle of the Underground. But the British Library was absolutely AMAZING! So many books! I wish I could've stayed there all day, but Mom and I had to go to see the Dirt Museum, or something like that. The Dirt Museum was all about dirt, and the organisms which are in dirt, and what artistry you can perfrom with dirt, and the role dirt played in old London society. It was actually interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I love your assessment of Scotland and London. Sounds like I would have liked and disliked the same things about London as you did. I'm very impressed that you tried haggis. You're braver than some adults I know! And Iron Bru sounds good.

    ReplyDelete